Author: Pulaski Area Historical Society

History of The White Store

A little history of the White Store located at 125 S. St. Augustine Street in Pulaski, WI. Louis and Mahlon Prokopovitz opened the original White Store in 1911. In 1915, it was relocated to 125 S. St. Augustine Street. The interior photos showcase the interior of the store after it opened on October 26, 1915. There was a fire in 1931, however, the store was rebuilt. A second fire in 1939 destroyed the facility. The Prokopovitz Brothers replaced the building with a concrete facility which included a state of the art movie theatre which opened in 1940 and operated...

Read More

PAHS September 2017 minutes

PAHS Minutes from 09.25.2017 Meeting.odt P.A.H.S. Meeting of September 25, 2017 Larry Puzen called the meeting to order at 6:41 pm at the PACE room. Those attending were Larry Puzen, Claudia Ryczkowski, Rock and Pam Mannigel, Katie Walters, Steve Peplinski and Norine Heuser. Secretary’s Report – Pam mentioned the school volunteers will be able to work on Mondays so we will be open that day. With that change, Rock made a motion to accept the minutes. Steve seconded. Motion carried. Treasurer’s Report – No report Shawano County Fair – No report Newsletter – Chris and Tammy are working on...

Read More

Join us for our PAHS Annual Dinner & Meeting

  Please join us for our Annual Pulaski Area Historical Society Dinner & Meeting. Coming up very soon! Mark your calendars, and get your tickets. It’s always so so exciting to get together with our historical friends. Great presentation this year by Damon Szymanski on Poland. Lots happening, so join us. Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 American Legion Hall Museum Open: 5pm to 6:30 Social: 6:30 • Dinner 7:00 Tickets $15 – Available at area Banks. Donate a Pie for our Silent Pie Auction! Here is the online sign up...

Read More

The Pulaski Story, Now Available on DVD

The Pulaski Area Historical Society proudly presents “The Pulaski Story” DVD. Pulaski’s history comes alive with a new DVD now available for purchase at the Pulaski Area Historical Society.  “The Pulaski Story”, created by Steve Peplinski is based on a 1950 radio program produced by the Wisconsin College of the Air. Peplinski acquired a vintage recording of the radio program.  The actual voices of residents of Pulaski in 1950 tell the story of the founding and growth of Pulaski in their own words.  Father Fulgence Masiak explains how A Norwegian real estate developer bought the Franciscans to town by...

Read More