Larry Puzen called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm at the PACE room. Those attending were Larry Puzen, Larry Szymanski, John Mihalko, Rock & Pam Mannigel, Claudia Ryczkowski, Tammy Brzeczkowski, Sharon Bauer, Marian Schroeder, Chris Jaworski, Roger Brzeczkowski and Norine Heuser.

Secretary’s Report – Rock made a motion to accept the report. Tammy seconded. Motion carried.

Treasurer’s Report – Larry Szymanski reported the check book balance is $7,580.04 Rock questioned the amount shown for the brick sale. He thought the purpose of that was to insulate the upstairs at the museum. He had met with the United Foundation regarding a possible donation to the museum. Norine will check the past minutes to verify the original purpose of that fundraiser. Larry Puzen asked if anyone had any suggestions who to contact to get bids for doing the upstairs….Kasper Construction and John Berna were suggested. Marian questioned the need for the insulation. Claudia suggested adding to the front of the building to have a research center instead of investing money into the upstairs. It was decided to discuss this at a later time. Roger made a motion to accept the treasurer’s report. John seconded. Motion carried.

Larry Szymanski reported the water inspection by the village was done on August 20th and it passed. He then said the owner of the apartments next to the museum mentioned when it rains, the water sits on their sidewalk. Rock will check into the cost of redirecting the downspout.

Brick Sales – Larry said Mike is recovering from heart surgery so he went and picked up the eleven bricks that were done. They are at the museum. We now have 150 sold and Pam sold 50 of them!

Blacktop Estimate – Larry Puzen received an estimate from Northeast Asphalt for $7,980.00 to repair the back parking area. He will contact Tony Berna regarding the catch basin and Mike Maroszek. He said Jim Zajac has installed two lights in the back.

Communications – Larry Puzen said the Green Bay Antiquarian Society has grants available. He asked Rock to come up with a list of items that may qualify. Pam reported there are four students who are working at the museum: Emily Johnson, Jenna Socha, Juliah Linzmeier and Jackie Nassios.

Fall & Winter Hours – As of November 1st the museum will be open from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm on Tuesdays.

Shawano County Fair – Tammy said the display was well received. Pam said it was very well done.

Speaker for Dinner – Our speaker will be Dennis Jacobs. Larry asked Chris to contact him and see what equipment he needs for his presentation.

Newsletter – Tammy has done an interview and has several other articles that will be included. Pam will check into the Frosty’s Christmas date and let Tammy know. Norine said she called the Kewaunee Historical Society regarding an envelope in each of their newsletters. They do not have memberships. Their main fundraiser are the 4 newsletters they send out. Norine suggested including an envelope in ours. This may be considered for the spring newsletter.

Website Update – Tammy reported we had 183 visits. 14% were referrals from other websites. 13% were direct searches and the rest were Facebook and social media. There were 383 page views and the average session was almost two minutes. They are working on the flowchart for the new website.

Annual Dinner – Norine will call to see when we can get in to decorate the hall. Sharon, Larry Puzen, Roger and Katie offered to help. Marian and Claudia will not have to find items for the tables. Tammy will have an article in the Pulaski News and various media. Norine thanked Dynamic Design for their design and printing of the “Save the Date” notices, tickets and posters. Pam volunteered to do the 50/50 Raffle and Tammy will ask Katie about helping with the Pie Raffle. She will make up the forms needed for the raffle. Norine said we have had 5 people offer to make pies and we have received two donations toward the raffle. We will have an opening bid of $7.00 and ask for increase bids of not less than $1.00. Tammy will design the preservation award and Claudia offered to frame it. Larry is working on the agenda. We should have a table set up for a brick display. Tammy, Rock and John agreed to run for another term on the Board of Directors. Norine will get the ballots ready. She will contact Tony Hieronimczak regarding a complimentary ticket. Larry Puzen will contact the Van Asten’s, Pam will let the students know and Claudia will invite the Pulaski News editor and his wife. Larry said we will be presenting Ray Mroczynski an award for his work on the World War I display.

Comments – Marian questioned the need for putting our inventory on the internet. Rock explained many museums do this to share what they have. Chris explained it’s mostly for research.

Claudia said she is trying to set up a time for the group of students from Madison to come back and do a presentation on the interviews they held regarding language used in our area.

On November 11th, Veterans’ Day, the museum will be open to showcase our World War I display.

Roger mentioned he attended an “event” at Chris Jaworski’s barn and we should consider him for our preservation award next year. Doris Malcheski donated a DVD of Supper Clubs in Wisconsin and it is available for everyone. Claudia donated a lighted magnifying glass for use at the museum. Roger made a motion to adjourn. Sharon seconded. Motion carried.

Meeting adjourned 8:15 pm. Next meeting our Annual Dinner, October 26th, 2016.

Minutes taken by Norine Heuser, recording secretary.