Larry Puzen called the meeting to order at 6:32pm at the PACE room. Those attending were Larry Puzen, Larry Szymanski, John Mihalko, Mike Blohowiak, Rock & Pam Mannigel, Claudia Ryczkowski, Tammy Brzeczkowski, Roger Brzeczkowski and Norine Heuser.

Secretary’s Report – Rock made a motion to accept the secretary’s report. John seconded. Motion carried.

Treasurer’s Report – Larry Szymanski reported the check book balance is $7,205.92. Roger made a motion to accept the report Mike seconded. Motion carried.

Communication – Larry read a letter we received from the Village of Pulaski saying they need to do an inspection of our internal water system. It was scheduled for August 24th. He was told to call them and advise them we will be available the following two Tuesdays between 11:00 and 5:00.

Brick Sales – Mike reported he currently has 9 waiting to be cut.

Rear Parking Lot – Mike is currently waiting for Mike Maroszek to bring his equipment and do it.

Time Capsule – Because of the size of items we have, Claudia decided to use a 5 gallon pail as our capsule. It was decided to bury it on August 30th at 5:00. She asked all the businesses, schools and churches for an input of something they would like included but hasn’t gotten many responses. Mike suggested including a newspaper from the day it’s buried. Roger will check with the village to see if they would like to include anything. Pam will check with Gloria Morgan for a list of all current businesses.

Shawano County Fair – Tammy is working on a display for us. She was told we can bring something from the museum. People will always be there and the facility will be locked. Larry said we could possibly display a “house moving” tool or the big ice cream cone. Pam suggested some of our old shoes from Mastey’s. Tammy and Bruce will be setting up on August 31st at 10:00. Anyone who would like to man our display should let Tammy know. They will be reimbursed the entry fee to the fair.

Newsletter – Larry said Chris informed him there will be a newsletter.

Board Member Comments – Tammy said she is currently working on a flyer for our upcoming annual dinner which will include our pie auction. She then spoke about adding the donation button onto our website. After looking at our current site, they found it is very outdated. By updating it to a responsive site, it will fit all devices people have and will make it a very searchable site. She will also check to see if we could link our Past Perfect program to give people access to what we have at our museum. Once a year, Dynamic Design donates their time to one business and provides them with a website. This year they have chosen us. This would be over a $4,000.00 donation on their part. Claudia said she would rather have our website updated for our members on a timely basis. Tammy explained each business they host sites for are put on a schedule. For example, if information is received by the 15th, it will be updated by the 1st of the following month. Norine made a motion to accept Tammy’s offer. Rock seconded. Motion carried.

Mike mentioned he visited the New Glarus and Shawano Historical Societies. He asked them how to promote ours. In both cases, he was told to get the local government involved. Larry said the Seymour Historical Society is run by the city and they take care of cutting the grass, snow removal and insurance. Roger asked Mike if he would like to attend an Economic and Finance Committee meeting in the future and explain our situation. Mike said he would.

Family Display – Pam reported the Szczepanski Family display is up and will remain until after the next Polka Days. Mary Holewinski is aware the Prokopowitz family is next and she is making plans.

Speaker for the Annual Dinner – Several names were again discussed but it was decided that Larry Puzen will contact Dennis Jacobs to see if he would be available that evening. He is the gentleman who gave a talk at the Pulaski Library during Polka Days.

Strategic Planning Committee – Tammy said she would like to schedule a meeting for September 28th at 4:30. Pam read a thank you we received from MacKenzie Gehrke for the scholarship we gave her.

John made a motion to adjourn the meeting and Tammy seconded. The meeting adjourned at 8:02pm.

Our next meeting will be September 26, 2016 at 6:30pm in the PACE room.

Minutes taken by Norine Heuser, recording secretary.