P.A.H.S. Meeting of August 27, 2018

Larry Puzen called the meeting to order at 6:31 pm at the PACE office. Those attending were Larry Puzen, Rock and Pam Mannigel, Steven Karcz, Larry Szymanski, Katie Walters, Mike Blohowiak, Claudia Ryczkowski, John Mihalko, Tammy Brzeczkowski, Steve Peplinski, Roger Brzeczkowski and Norine Heuser.

Secretary’s Report – Rock motioned to accept the report. Steve Peplinski seconded. Motion carried.

Treasurer’s Report – No report.

History Tour Rally – Larry said we had about 30 people attend. Many were surprised we have a museum. As part of the rally they had to find answers to four questions pertaining to the Pulaski area. He said it was a very good experience.

Polka Day Float – We received a check for $20.00 from the Pulaski Polka Days for 4th place.

Antiquarian Grant Status – Claudia so far has spent $564.96 in supplies and shipping of the $577.88 allotted. She is meeting with the typewriter repairman tomorrow to determine which ones are worth repairing. She said she still has $124.00 left from the BayTek donation. She bought a record player that has a tape cassette and CD player along with an AM/FM radio. It also has a USB port.

Polka Day Attendance – Claudia said there were only 5 or 6 visitors on Friday. Saturday was busier but after the parade on Sunday, it was very busy. A final count has not been made because not everyone signs the register.

Board Member Comments – Larry said Claudia informed him she is resigning from the board effective after tonight’s meeting. She will finalize her current projects and will train someone on the proper storage and documentation techniques. He asked the board to think of someone who may fill her spot.

Because of the increase in our per plate cost for the dinner, Steve Peplinski motioned to increase the per person ticket price from $15.00 to $16.00. Roger seconded. Motion carried.

Larry Puzen mentioned the outdoor sign at the museum needs to be replaced. Tammy will look into different ideas. Mike said we should maybe change up the sign weekly or monthly to give people a reason to check it out.

Fall Newsletter – Tammy and Katie are having a meeting this Thursday. They are hoping to have it mailed before the annual dinner.

Family Display – The Gajewski Family display is up with a lot of very informative and interesting information. It will remain there until after next Polka Days.

School Volunteers – Pam will know more in September after our students get their schedules.

Website – Tammy reported we had 224 sessions in July averaging two minutes twenty four seconds. We continue getting referrals from the village website and Facebook. She also has resolved the issue with Marian’s phone number on websites. Steven Karcz and Larry Puzen’s numbers are now shown.

Shawano County Fair – Tammy said this year’s theme is Agriculture and Farming. She will be going there Wednesday to set up a booth and asked for any ideas or items that could be displayed.

Board Member Comments – Steven Karcz said he spoke with Thaddeus Cooper who is working on a story “Seeking Redemption-Story of Skee Ball”. Since Skee Ball is now being manufactured here in Pulaski at BayTek, Mr. Cooper wants to have a 30 second spot about Pulaski so if anyone has any thoughts on what would exemplify Pulaski, let Steven know.

Steven has helped several people with research at the museum.

Our September hours will remain on Wednesday from 2:00-5:00pm. Claudia is having trouble getting volunteers to be there. She also mentioned we have no designated curator. The office has a lot of information needing to be inventoried.

Claudia and family would like to present the museum with a bench in honor of Marian. It would be placed near the sidewalk so people would be able to utilize it. It will need a cement slab so we will look into possibly replacing several sidewalk sections at the same time.

Mike said he will be donating an old cement mixer that he would like moved soon. He will drive it to the museum on a skid steer but needs a location readied for it. Roger offered to help get man power for this.

Mike also suggested putting a sign on the museum where bricks are needed to complete the wall. Tammy will look into this.

Katie said Premier Bank is once again having “Make a Difference Day” on October 8th. She asked if there was anything we may need done should we be selected to receive their help.

Steve Peplinski made a motion to adjourn. Steven Karcz seconded. Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:43 pm.

Our next meeting will be September 24, 2018. Minutes taken by Norine Heuser, recording secretary.

Downloadable Link from Google