Meeting of April 22, 2019

Larry Puzen called the meeting to order at 6:32 pm at the PACE office. Those attending were Larry Puzen, Steven Karcz, Katie Walters, Larry Szymanski, Tammy Brzeczkowski, Mike Blohowiak, John Mihalko, Maria Deau and Norine Heuser.

Secretary’s Report – Steven Karcz motioned to accept the minutes. Tammy seconded. Motion carried.

Treasurer’s Report – Larry reported the checkbook balance is $27,776.27. The water bills will now be automatically deducted from our checking account. Norine motioned to accept the report. Mike seconded. Motion carried.

Board Member Comments –Larry handed out the various pieces of mail we received. He read a thank you card we received from Michelle Simonson. He sent a request to Nsight to continue providing internet service for us at a reduced rate. Larry mentioned a request we had from Mosaic Arts in regard to having an exhibit during the Art Street in Green Bay. It would cost $150.00 for a booth. We decided not to participate. We then went into a closed session.

Endowment Fund – no report

Museum Trinkets – Tammy explained the costs of coasters (500 would be $.65 each) and can koozies (500 would be $.68 each). Mike suggested maybe using the money on a billboard. He feels both of those items would be very temporary. Car shows used to give away key fobs. He suggested someone go to Heritage Hill to see what they have. John suggested maybe hats or t-shirts. Tammy explained these items were something we would just give away so people could remember their visit. Larry Puzen suggested maybe having some items we could get a return on our investment with. Tammy will bring all these thoughts and discuss them further with Pam.

Scholarship Fund – Pam had sent along a memo saying there would be 4 recipients this year…Gabe Koekpke, Hannah Kreuser, Jordyn Josephson and Julia Prien. The total given will be $700.00 and Rock will be presenting them at the assembly on May 22nd. Larry Szymanski has given the money to Deb Schneider.

Newsletter – Tammy said they are working on several articles. She has several dates established. June 24, August 26, September 23, October 23 and December 2 will be our future board meetings. July 20 and 21 are Polka Days. An article and pictures from Casimir Pulaski Days will also be included. She asked all of us to think about someone to receive the Historic Preservation Award. Katie will be doing a Spot Light section.

Building Project – Larry is waiting to get an estimate for redoing the back entryway. He is also looking into having the roof inspected.

Membership Dues Payment Status – Norine reported that after we sent the postcard reminders on April 3rd, we had 3 businesses renew as well as 8 other members. We received another Lifetime Membership from Rosemarie Joswick Palmer. We also were informed Monica Hodkiewicz had passed away on October 8, 2018. She asked if anyone knew where Alvina Sievert is living now because hers came back undeliverable. She handed out a list of members who have not paid since 2017. They will be removed from our membership.

Board Member Comments – Tammy mentioned she met with the Polish Heritage Society who wants to work with us to advertise by sharing articles in each other’s newsletters. Mike asked Tammy if anything had been done with a banner for the front of the museum where more bricks are needed to be sold….maybe something like “Help Us Fill This Space”. She will get that done. Tammy reported we had 600 sessions on our website for February – April averaging 1 minute and 52 seconds. An interesting fact was that of all views 55% were female and 44% male. Steve Karcz reported he and Katie have been working on a business ledger from JJ Hof. They are researching names of families still in this area who dealt with him. Katie is working on transcribing the notes. He hopes to be able to eventually have a “Genealogy Gallery” on our website.

Summer Hours – Pam had shared the following. We will stay at 3:00-5:00pm on Mondays at least thru the first couple weeks of June. Hopefully that will work with the volunteers for summer and we can keep those hours. We will continue Wednesdays from 2:00- 5:00pm. She has Claudia and Mr. & Mrs. Kientop volunteering on Wednesdays thru May 8th. They both have keys to open and lock up. She would like to keep Wednesday hours thru summer consistent.

Annual Dinner Details – Norine booked the legion for October 23rd. She also booked Super Ron’s with Carol for that day. She will not be attending the dinner this year. Katie has offered to take over that project.

In House Museum Display – Steve Karcz is working on one that may also be used at our dinner.

Volunteers – Pam had shared following. The seniors probably will not volunteer once they graduate and some are involved in spring sports. We do have 6 undergrads who will continue and once she and Rock are home in May, they will work with history teachers for more names.

Guest Speaker for Annual Dinner – Larry asked us to think about who we could have for a guest speaker. After discussion, Maria said she would ask Larry Treankler. He was going to two years ago but was not able to be there.

Computer at Desk – Larry Szymanski handed out copies of a prepared report by Steve Peplinski “PAHS Computer Network” which explains the work he has been doing on our computers, how they work together and what software is used.

John made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Steve Karcz seconded. Meeting adjourned at 7:58pm.

Next meeting will be May 20, 2019.

Minutes taken by Norine Heuser recording secretary.